Monday, February 7, 2011

Twitter Addiction - You Have It?

I posted a link to an article by Diana Adams (@adamsconsulting on Twitter) earlier today because it's one that really resonated with me.  In it, she is open and honest, concise and to-the-point, and happy to offer some great insight into the world of Twitter.

You can read the post here: Bit Rebels Blog

She confesses that she, like so many of us, is a Twitter addict.  She's one of those people who wakes up during the middle of the night and checks her phone that's strategically placed underneath her pillow so that she can stay up-to-date on her Twitter feed. 

For me, someone who's learned to love and really embrace the Twitter world over the last year or so, I completely understand what she's saying.  You become somewhat addicted to checking your Twitter feed, staying up to date on the trending topics and seeing what breaking news is happening all over the world.



Many people out there since don't "get" Twitter.  It's not because it's so difficult to understand; it's because they don't want to get it.  Sometimes, people are far too afraid of the unknown.  Twitter is a great way to share information, connect with people of similiar interests and stay up on pop culture or news from the industry in which you work.

Every time I get an RT, I'm thrilled.  Every time someone DMs me, I try to respond as quickly as possible.  And every time someone @ mentions me, I remember it.  Weird, I know, but it's just the wonderful world of Twitter.

I'm happy to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment